Living and Learning Centre - Ipswich
Shop 6, 14 South Station Road, Booval QLD 4304
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Closed public holidays
Lisa White | Service Manager – Health Service Navigator
Tamara Graham | Clinical Service Manager – Primary Support
Your mental health hub
The Living and Learning Centre offers support for people experiencing emerging, moderate or severe mental health concerns in the Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Somerset regions.
Through one-on-one and group sessions, we help to integrate a coaching approach with access to psychosocial and clinical support.
Support can help to:
- Reduce distress and manage symptoms
- Improve your confidence and build independence
- Connect with family, friends and others
- Improve your physical health
- Participate in your community
- Enjoy a full and vibrant quality of life
Peer Wellbeing Coaching
An experienced Peer Wellbeing Coach will support you for up to six months to manage your mental health and wellbeing by assisting you to:
- Identify your strengths and values to help set
goals to live a more enjoyable and meaningful life.
- Recognise your available supports while finding new strategies to improve resilience and self-care.
If you’re experiencing severe mental health concerns, a Mental Health Nurse is available to help you coordinate supports and access community-based physical and mental health services.
Short-term therapeutic programs that focus on your current circumstances and future goals. The programs can support you to find tools to manage stress and cope with life's challenges.
For people who are looking to make improvements in their life and enhance wellbeing, this 12-week self-development program is facilitated by support workers with a lived experience of recovery.
Connect to Recovery
Connect to Recovery provides a space for people to connect with our program and with each other, in their own way. With monthly themes, this group provides a range of options from creative activities to local speakers and themed content videos, all focused on the Collaborative Recovery Model.
Over 7 sessions you will be supported to understand your health and find what works for you to improve your wellbeing. Health Matters will assist you in identifying meaningful goals to help you feel healthier and lead a fulfilling and well life.
Develop the skills to manage difficult thoughts and feelings to lead a healthy life and improve relationships in this 10-week Acceptance and Commitment Therapy-based program.
Access the service
Anyone can make a referral to the Living and Learning Centre, including:
- Your Doctor or General Practitioner
- A family member or friend
- Other mental health or health services.
To make a referral, you can contact Neami.
The Living and Learning Centre provides mental health support services for people:
- 18 years and over
- residing in the local government areas of Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim or Somerset
- who have mental health concerns.