Psychosocial Support Service
One-to-one coaching and group activities that support recovery for people with severe mental health issues.
Get support, get connected
Support can focus on receiving practical help with daily living, looking after your health, finding a home, gaining employment as well as improving your connections with family, friends and the community.
Learn strategies and develop skills that help you to:
- Identify your strengths
- Build resilience
- Achieve your goals
- Find people to help you improve your wellbeing
- Connect with family or with your community
- Improve your physical health
- Enjoy a full and vibrant quality of life.
Improve your health and wellbeing
Using an evidence-informed, non-clinical approach, we support you at the times when you most need it. The length of support can range from 8 weeks to a maximum of 12 months.
An experienced mental health support worker will spend time with you to:
- Look after your mental and physical health
- Develop a recovery plan
- Achieve your goals through face-to-face and phone coaching
- Reduce your need for hospital services
- Reach out to the people in your life who can support your recovery, such as:
- Carers or family members
- Your Doctor or General Practitioner (GP)
- Services in the community
- Health professionals
Support to suit your needs
The support you receive is based on your needs and preferences. We help you to build the confidence and skills to achieve your goals and the life you want, this can include:
- Daily living support
- Connecting with your community
- Emotional Support
- Improving physical health
- Improving Family relationships
- Coordinating services
- Managing money
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Linking with other support such as housing and employment services
- Access to education and vocational training
Mental health recovery
We offer a coordinated, planned, inclusive and reliable service that is sensitive to each person’s needs.
We believe that recovery is an individual process and that with the right kind of support each person can move towards a life that matches their values and goals for the future.