Short-term therapeutic programs that focus on your current circumstances and future goals. The programs can support you to find tools to manage stress and cope with life's challenges.
Making positive changes to your mental health and wellbeing
Brief Therapies offer three programs to support you to find tools to manage stress and cope with life's challenges.
Over seven sessions, Health Matters helps you to identify what matters to you and learn strategies to support you to live a meaningful life. We also assist you in identifying meaningful goals to help you to feel healthier and improve your wellbeing.
By participating in Health Matters, you will leave with a wellness plan outlining:
- Actions you can take to support your wellbeing
- People and strategies to draw on when wellbeing starts to decrease
- What to do if things are not going well for you
Wise Choices is a 10-session group program based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Wise Choices supports you to develop skills to manage challenging thoughts and feelings, helping you to lead a healthier life and improve your relationships.
Through participation in the Wise Choices program, you will:
- Develop strategies to work with challenging thoughts, feelings and sensations
- Develop a greater sense of self-awareness
- Learn skills to manage stress and cope with difficult situations
- Develop a greater awareness of your personal values
- Benefits of Wise Choices
- Outcomes from participating in Wise Choices may include:
- Increased feelings of resilience
- A clearer sense of purpose and direction
- A deeper connection to self and others
Rhythm2Recovery utilises rhythm, movement, and percussion to explore and promote emotional wellbeing. The program incorporates elements of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and Positive Psychology.
The program is held over eight sessions and focuses on values, awareness, thoughts and feelings, positive relationships, and managing adversity.
Benefits of participating in Rhythm2Recovery include:
- Greater awareness of thoughts and feelings
- Improved emotional regulation
- Enhanced communication and relational skills
- Learn new skills that contribute to improved personal and interpersonal wellbeing
Access Brief Therapies
You can self-refer or refer someone you know by contacting the service.
We provide support services for people:
- 16 years and over
- Reside in the Brisbane North PHN region, or the Scenic Rim, Somerset, Lockyer Valley or Ipswich areas.