Towards Home+ Frankston & Dandenong
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Closed public holidays
Amanda Williams | Manager
Towards Home+ Frankston provides intensive support for people who are either at risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness in the Frankston and Dandenong areas. Delivered by a multidisciplinary team, the service uses a shared-care approach to support people to obtain and maintain housing, improve physical and mental health, and develop connections in the local community.
The Assertive Outreach Team engages people who are sleeping rough focusing on brief interventions and short-term support including:
- Rapid access to emergency accommodation and health services.
- Access to stable accommodation as quickly as possible (Housing-First approach).
- Connection with existing formal and informal supports.
- Referral to the Supportive Housing Team and other services to meet longer-term needs.
The Supportive Housing Team supports people to remain housed and provides longer-term intensive, flexible and consumer-centred support including:
- Tenancy establishment and maintenance.
- Development of daily living skills and participation in social activities.
- Identification of goals and strengths, and development of a person-centred, coordinated shared-care plan.
- Case management and care coordination to facilitate multi-agency ‘wrap-around’ support.
- Service navigation and connection with mainstream services (primary health care, clinical mental health services, employment services, legal services, NDIS, etc.).
- Support to strengthen informal supports.
Modular Units – Dandenong
Our modular units provide accommodation for up to two years for people with histories of recurring and persistent homelessness in Dandenong.
Residents have access to responsive, individually targeted, ‘wrap around’ support. Working holistically, the program aims to improve residents’ wellbeing, social connectedness, and address any mental health and physical health needs. Staff engage consumers using a trauma-informed and strengths-based approach, and provide practical support to help them gain and maintain independent living skills and access permanent housing.
Working in partnership
We work together, leveraging on the specialist skills and experience of our multidisciplinary teams, to provide a flexible, person-centred and culturally informed service to diverse consumers including CALD, LGBTIQ, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and young people.
We take a collaborative shared-care Housing-First approach to achieve long-term outcomes for consumers.
Our multidisciplinary teams draw on a number of models and tools to provide best practice care and culturally safe services.
We use the Collaborative Recovery Model (CRM) to engage and build trust with consumers who have complex experiences of homelessness.
Towards Home+ is for people who:
- Are sleeping rough or in make-shift dwellings.
- Experience chronic homelessness as symptomatic of complex needs including mental illness and persistent system failures.
- Have experienced recent or past episodes of chronic homelessness including rough sleeping.
- Have links to, or a desire to establish links to, community and services in the local area.
Making a referral
Anyone can make a referral to Towards Home+.
To refer someone to the Assertive Outreach Team, please call Launch Housing on 03 9792 0750.
To refer someone to the Supportive Housing Team, please download the referral form.
To refer someone to the Modular Units Team, please contact us.