The Way Back
Suite 23, Level 1, 64 Victor Crescent, Narre Warren VIC 3805
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed public holidays
Farshid Zaman | Regional Manager
The Way Back Support Service provides non-clinical care and practical support to people for up to three months following a suicide attempt, when people are most at risk.
The Way Back service aims to prevent further episodes of self-harm by providing proactive and coordinated support following discharge. The Way Back Support Service can assist by:
- Maintaining contact and providing encouragement and support
- Encouraging the uptake of hospital discharge plans and utilisation of safety plans
- Supporting attendance at medical and allied health appointments
- Facilitating access to a range of community support services
- Assisting clients to connect with support networks
The Way Back Support Service is a BeyondBlue initiative delivered by Neami National and made possible through funding provided by the Australian Government under the South Eastern Melbourne PHN.
Eligibility and referrals
The referral pathway is integrated within the Casey Hospital and Monash Health. People who present to Emergency Departments following a suicide attempt will have the opportunity to be part of the service.