Preventative Health Initiative – Ringwood
5/37 Heatherdale Road, Ringwood VIC 3134
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Closed public holidays
Peter Hadley | Service Manager
Preventative Health Initiative provides individualised and tailored support to help people who are experiencing moderate to severe mental health issues improve their physical health. The service also delivers capacity building activities to develop practitioners’ capacity to respond to the physical health needs of people experiencing mental health issues.
Individual support to improve physical health
We provide short-term (up to six months) whole of-person care to help people improve their physical health, build confidence and health literacy, and overcome existing barriers to engaging with preventative health services.
The service has five key focus areas: breast cancer screening, cervical cancer screening, bowel cancer screening, smoking cessation and Influenza immunisation.
Capacity building for practitioners
Our Health Promotion Officers deliver tailored training to help primary care and mental health practitioners develop practical skills and processes to best support people experiencing mental health issues to access preventative health services. We can also help navigate referral pathways for your consumers.
Contact us to find out more and arrange a workshop or consultation session.
Preventative Health Initiative is available to people aged 18+ who:
- Are experiencing moderate to severe mental health issues (a formal clinical diagnosis is not required).
- Would benefit from time-limited targeted physical health screening support.
- Live, work or study in the Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (EMPHN) catchment. The EMPHN catchment includes the cities of: Banyule, Boroondara, Knox, Manningham, Maroondah, Mitchell, Monash, Murrindindi, Nillumbik, Whitehorse, Whittlesea and Yarra Ranges.
Making a referral
Anyone can make a referral to the service. This includes carers, GPs, and other health and community services. Self-referrals are welcome.
To make a referral, please complete the referral form and submit it either by fax, email or via ReferralNet secure messaging:
- Fax: 03 9012 4233
- Email: PHI@neaminational.org.au
- ReferralNet: please use account ID Preventative H
Preventative Health Initiative is a free service.