Neami Port Pirie
Shop 11 Flinders Arcade 72 Ellen Street, Port Pirie SA 5540
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Closed public holidays
Sandra Bennett | Manager
Intensive Home Based Support Services (IHBSS)
IHBSS (Intensive Home Based Support Services) provides psychosocial support for people who either have experienced acute episodes of mental illness requiring hospitalisation or who are at risk of being admitted to hospital.
Program participants are provided with up to three months of intensive support aimed at preventing admission or relapse, facilitating early discharge, and transitioning back into the community after leaving hospital.
The type of support provided is dependent on individual needs and goals. Examples of things we can help with include:
- Taking part in social and community activities, and connecting with local services.
- Improving relationships with family and friends.
- Improving physical health and wellbeing.
- Building confidence with everyday tasks such as budgeting, public transport and home care.
- Pursuing education and employment opportunities.
Eligibility and referrals
IHBSS is for people who:
- Are aged 16 and over.
- Have a serious mental illness and functional disability.
- Are at risk of relapsing without support.
- Require short-term intensive support.
- Have complex needs (including co-morbid disabilities and drug and alcohol issues).
Referrals for young people and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people who are at risk of requiring acute care are encouraged.
Referrals to the program can be made via Mental Health Community Teams. Contact us for more information.