Integrated Chronic Care
Level 2, Building A/61 Riggall St, Broadmeadows VIC 3047
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Closed public holidays
Resika KC | Manager
Chronic health support for people experiencing severe and persistent mental illness in North Western Melbourne
Support to manage your health
Integrated Chronic Care offers support for people experiencing severe and persistent mental illness who have chronic health conditions.
Support can help with:
- accessing health services
- improving self-management
- coordinating supports
- health goal planning
- health education and advice
Improving physical health
Mental health challenges can affect the management of health conditions, including maintaining:
- health checks
- healthy behaviour
- connection to local health services.
Our approach emphasises the importance of increasing health literacy and building the confidence and skills to manage your chronic health conditions.
Coaching to help make change
We provide short-term, moderate and comprehensive support to manage your health. Ranging from six-weeks to 12-months, the support is flexible and can change to meet your needs.
During one-on-one sessions with a registered nurse with specialist mental health training, you’ll develop ways to improve your health management.
Together you’ll work across four key areas:
- Increasing knowledge about managing chronic health conditions
- Coordinating visits with health professionals and primary health care providers
- Participating in regular health checks
- Utilising other supports to make health-related lifestyle changes
Integrated Chronic Care provides practical support to maintain access to the health care system.
We help you to identify your existing support networks as well as other possible support options.
We can help develop a Health Plan to underpin care planning, coordination and navigation of health services.
The right support for you
Integrated Chronic Care is available to people between 16 and 65 who:
- Experience severe and persistent mental health issues
- Live in or are connected to the Hume, Moreland or Moonee Valley area.
- Are managing a chronic health condition such as:
- Type I or II Diabetes
- Chronic pain
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cardiovascular disease
Make a referral
Anyone can make a referral for Integrated Chronic Care, including:
- Your Doctor or General Practitioner
- A family member or friend
- Other mental health or health services.
To make a referral you can call Neami on 1300 160 335. You can also download a referral form below or contact us, and we will mail one to you