Employee Diversity Information
In line with our Neami Diversity Statement, Neami is committed to cultivating inclusive environments for staff, consumers and carers. We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, sexualities, cultures, bodies and abilities.
Our employee diversity data helps us better understand there presentation of our workforce, ensure organisational inclusion strategies are in line with current workforce needs and gaps and monitor the impact of diversity and inclusion strategies that align with Neami’s vision, mission and values.
- Gender information is used to inform our annual mandatory WGEA (Workplace Gender Equality Agency) reporting, which determines gender balance throughout the organisation.
- Pronouns information allows employees to optionally identify their personal Pronouns to include in their email signature as part of inclusive language to promote respect and inclusion in the workplace.
- First Nations information allows us to determine the proportion of our workforce that identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and supports our Diversity and Inclusion Framework’s commitment to this important priority population.
- Nationality information allows us to determine the proportion of our workforce from a culturally diverse background. We define Nationality as the country in which one holds citizenship.
- Cultural & Ethnic Groups information allows us to determine the proportion of our workforce from a culturally diverse background. Cultural Identity refers to the wide range of cultural groups that make up the Australian population and Australian communities. The term acknowledges that groups and individuals differ according to religion and spirituality, racial backgrounds and ethnicity as well as language. It is used to reflect intergenerational and contextual issues, not just the migrant experience.
- Additional Languages information allows us to provide a greater capacity to support consumers who speak languages other than English. We record both Native Language and any other languages you may speak.
If you would like further information about Neami Group’s Diversity and Inclusion Framework or our diversity reporting measures, please get in touch with the People, Capability & Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org