We promote a culture of continuous improvement and innovation at Neami to ensure we deliver high quality services and great consumer experiences. We work to ensure consistency across the organisation with robust internal quality systems, risk management and external accreditation.
The Quality, Compliance and Risk team drive our commitment in embedding Neami’s Quality, Safety and Clinical Governance Framework into practice. The team manages risk and business continuity strategies as well as monitoring compliance in delivering quality services throughout Neami.
The Quality, Compliance and Risk team also coordinate feedback and complaints handling, workplace health and safety practice, and oversee the internal audit schedule and external accreditation cycles.
Accreditation at Neami National
Accreditation is a cycle of continuous improvement which assists Neami to review and improve the safety and quality of its services and the robustness of its organisational systems. By receiving accreditation, Neami demonstrates they have met required sector standards as assessed by a certified third party.
Neami has undertaken five accreditation cycles to date, with the most recent carried out by Quality Improvement Performance (QIP) in May 2016. QIP is one of Australia’s leading accreditation and quality improvement providers for the health and community service sectors.
Neami is committed to continuous improvement and has been assessed and accredited against the following quality standards:
- Quality Improvement Council’s Health and Community Services Standards 6th Edition
- National Standards for Mental Health Services 2010
- Victorian Human Services Standards
- Queensland Human Services Quality Standards
- New South Wales Disability Service Standards
As a Quality Improvement Council (QIC) accredited organisation Neami shows that it has:
- Been assessed as having met all the standards in the Quality Improvement Council’s (QIC) Governance and Management standards
- Been assessed as having met all other relevant national and state standards as identified by Neami National
- Demonstrated its commitment to ongoing continuous quality improvement
The inclusion and contribution of consumers is a key element of Neami’s commitment to continuous improvement and is critical to successfully meeting our core objectives and strategic directions.
Neami is also registered with the National Disability Insurance Agency to provide NDIS services. We currently offer services in the Hunter, Perth Hills and Barwon regions.
Risk Management at Neami National
Neami recognises organisational risk management is a core component to the quality of care and support offered to consumers and adopts a coordinated and integrated approach to risk management consistent with ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management – Principles and Guidelines.
Strategic and high-level organisational risk management strategies and mitigation are analysed by the Finance, Assurance and Risk Management committee and the Quality Safety and Clinical Governance Committee of the Board.
Neami Risk Management
The Neami Risk Management Framework consists of two distinct processes:
- Risk Governance process
- Risk enabling processes
Risk Governance process
The Governance process includes the following elements:
- Definition of structural arrangements includes Board Charter, Finance, Audit and Business Risk Committee Charter, Committee Charters and roles responsibility definition
- Set Directions for risk management activities includes strategy, approach and the defined levels of assessment for undertaking risk assessments as stipulated in policy
- Manage and facilitate risk management activities includes the development of an annual risk management plan for managing activities
- Definition of reporting and assurance requirements includes the assurance of the Organisation Risk Profile, Incident Reports & Analysis, Audit & Assurance reports, & Risk Management Attestations
Risk enabling processes
The Enabling processes includes:
- Methodology and guidelines for assessing risks
- Risk management information systems for managing risk and control information
Neami National has a dedicated risk management software program in place to assist in the effective management of all organisational risk.